Jason Parker, B.A.(Hon), M.A., M.Ed., CFA, FCSI, CQF
Jason Parker has over 25 years of experience working in the capital markets. He spent the bulk of his career at BMO Capital Markets, most recently as Managing Director and Head of North American Credit Research. There, he led his team to a first-place ranking in Canadian fixed income research for 13 consecutive years. As a senior executive, Jason also helped to manage 400+ employees in Canada and the U.S. as well as an associated budget of several billion dollars across numerous lines of business.
Jason has a nonverbal learning disability, along with OCD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Tourette’s Syndrome.
In addition to his work as a fixed income analyst and strategist, Jason was Co-Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Council at BMO Capital Markets, where he leveraged his own experiences with special needs to spearhead numerous initiatives that educated employees, opened dialogue and improved the workplace culture. He regularly represented BMO Capital Markets at diversity and inclusion events, and has received several awards as a champion of change.
Jason’s impressive educational background spans everything from geography, political science and international affairs to psychology, finance, music and more. He is currently finishing his Doctor of Business Administration degree at the University of Calgary.
AND COMMITTEE EXPERIENCE
• Executive Sponsor, Leaders Circle Toast Masters (2019 – present)
• Member, Mentorship Committee, Toronto CFA Society (2017 – present)
• Co-Chair, Women in Capital Markets Advance- Ability Mentorship Program (2016 – present)
• Management Committee Member, BMO Capital Markets Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (2018 – 2019)
• Co-Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Council, BMO Capital Markets (2018 – 2019)
• Executive Sponsor, BMOCM Women, BMO Capital Markets (2017 – 2019)
• BMO Capital Markets Sub-Committee Chair, BMO Without Barriers (2016 – 2019)
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
• Doctor of Business Administration, Haskayne Business School, University of Calgary (2022 expected)
• Fellow of CSI (FCSI), Canadian Securities Institute (2017)
• Master of Education, Developmental Psychology and Education, University of Toronto (2015)
• Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute (2000)
• Master of Arts, International Affairs (International Political Economy), Carleton University (1995)
• Master of Arts, Geography, University of Toronto (1993)
• Honours Bachelor of Arts, Geography (Political Science Major), Wilfrid Laurier University (1991)