Mark Opauszky, B.Eng
Mark Attila Opauszky is an accomplished tech CEO with 20 years of experience successfully building enterprise B2B software companies. Most recently, he was CEO at PathFactory, which was chosen by LinkedIn as one of the “25 Hottest Canadian Companies,” won recognition as a Gartner Cool Tech Vendor and received multiple Deloitte Fast 50 and Fast 500 awards for growth. The company is approaching $20M in annual recurring revenue.
Prior to PathFactory, Mark was founder and CEO of BPS Inc., a top Gartner-ranked enterprise risk management software company serving global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch. He led the company to generate 100% year-over-year for four consecutive years. Earlier, he held leadership positions in the automotive and aerospace manufacturing sectors.
Mark has raised a total of over $40M in seed, A and B rounds in both Canada and the US. He has also implemented over $15M in debt instruments.
Over the past two decades, he has served on many boards and in an advisory capacity for small and mid-sized growth businesses (for profit) in the tech (B2B and B2C), media and entertainment sectors. This includes serving as chairman, independent director and executive director, and participating on various sub-committees. He also regularly mentors CEOS and other tech sector leaders.
Mark is a multiple amputee as a result of a near fatal case of necrotizing fasciitis.
AND COMMITTEE EXPERIENCE
• Board member, HeyOrca! (2020 – present)
• Board member, PathFactory (2012 – present)
• Board member, Wonderland Analytics LLP (2019 – present)
• Board Chair, Grovers Mill Productions (2010 – 2018)
• Executive Chair, Hardcorenerdity (2008 – 2011)
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
• Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), McMaster University (1992)
• Master of Business Administration (MBA), Oakland University (incomplete)
• Executive Leadership Training, Wharton School
• Executive Leadership Training, Harvard Business School