Ross Wilson, CPA, CA, CFE, MBA, BComm
Ross Wilson is a designated accountant who currently leads the Internal Audit practice of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT).
His work experience spans corporate governance, not-for-profit organizations, internal auditing, strategy, team management, risk management, financial reporting and financial accounting.
Born with Charcot‐Marie‐Tooth Syndrom, Ross is an accomplished paracyclist, representing Canada in the Men”s C1 division. In 2019, he set a new world record in the individual pursuit event at the integrated Tissot UCI World Cup in Glasgow, Scotland. At the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, he won two silver medals for Team Canada.
Ross is actively involved in the Paralympic movement, serving as an audit committee member of the Canadian Paralympic Committee and the Paralympic Foundation of Canada. Additionally, he has served terms as Vice-Chair of the Athlete”s Council of the Canadian Paralympic Committee and the Athlete”s Council of Cycling Canada.
His volunteer work focuses on strengthening stakeholder consultation and advocacy on behalf of athletes with a disability.
• Audit Committee Member, PanGlobal Training Systems Ltd.
• Audit Committee Member, Canadian Paralympic Committee (2016–present)
• Audit Committee Member, Paralympic Foundation of Canada (201 –present)
• Athlete Council Vice-Chair, Canadian Paralympic Committee (2016–present)
• Athlete Council Vice-Chair, Cycling Canada
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
• MBA, Certificate in Social Responsibility, Queens University, 2019
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Certified Fraud Examiner, 2019
• Chartered Professional Accountant Professional Designation (CPA), 2016
• Chartered Accountant Professional Designation (CA), 2006
• Bachelor of Commerce, Major in Accounting, Minor in International Business, University of Alberta, 2005