François, who is visually handicapped with retinitis pigmentosa, has played a leadership role in the Quebec blind community for the past two decades.
His contributions include 10 years as Vice-Chair of the Board at the CNIB Quebec Division. He was also President of the Fondation des aveugles du Québec from 2007 to 2011, and he served two years as a Board Member at Institut Nazareth & Louis-Braille.
After schooling at Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf and Concordia University, François initially worked as a financial journalist. In 1983, he transitioned to the securities and advisory industry as a Financial Advisor and Manager.
François earned his CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) professional designation in 1997. He joined Richardson Partners Financial in 2005, remaining with the firm until he retired in 2018. While at Richardson, he was a member of the Board of Directors from 2013 to 2017.
Francois has authored a book on financial planning, written a newspaper column and participated in several television programs.
For the past 15 years, he has played blind hockey with les Hiboux de Montréal, also serving as one of the club”s organizers. Since 2012, he has held the position of Vice President of Canadian Blind Hockey / Hockey sonore Canada.
• Member of the Board, Finance and Risk Committees, Accessible Media Inc. (2015 – present)
• Member of the Investment Committee, CNIB (2017 – present)
• Member of the Board and Vice-President, Canadian Blind Hockey (2012 – present)
• Member of the Board, Richardson GMP (2013–2017)
• Vice-Chair of the Board, CNIB, Quebec Division (1996-2005)
• Member of the Board, Institut Nazareth et Louis‐Braille (2009-2010)
• Chair of the Board, Fondation des Aveugles du Québec (2007-2011)
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
• Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf, 1970-1977
• Concordia University, Political Sciences and History, 1977-1979
• Fellow Canadian Security Institute, 1987
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), 1997