Michael Kaye, MBA, BA
Michael Kaye is a Co-Founder and Partner of Tilbury Capital, a real estate investment, development and management company focused on pursuing opportunities across North America.
Prior to Tilbury Capital, Michael co-founded Alexa Translations, one of Canada’s largest and most respected translation and localization companies. Michael spent nearly a decade building Alexa Translations into an industry leader. He exited the business in 2018 after guiding the company through a successful merger with Yappn Canada, a software company that leverages AI-powered neural machine translation systems to support real-time translation.
Earlier in his career, Michael worked in mid-market M&A at Ernst & Young LLP, executing various divestitures and debt and equity financings. These formative years spent advising other entrepreneurs on maximizing the value of their businesses were a catalyst for Michael’s entrepreneurial aspirations.
Michael is a Director of the Rosedale Golf Club, a member of the Odette School of Business Executive Advisory Board (University of Windsor), a member of the Sunnybrook Foundation Governing Council, a founding member of the Sunnybrook Foundation’s Champions of Change Initiative and a member of the SickKids Hospital Innovators Group. Previously, Michael served as a Director of the Sunnybrook Foundation, was the founding Chair of Sunnybrook Next Generation and was a member of the President’s Planning Committee at the University of Windsor. Michael holds an MBA from the University of Windsor, a BA from Western University and is a Certified Sustainability (ESG) Practitioner. Michael has been recognized by Profit Magazine as one of Canada’s entrepreneurial leaders and was a nominee for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Michael lives with catastrophic impairments as a result of a car accident. He did not suffer a brain injury in the accident.
Board Memberships and Committee Experience
- Director, Rosedale Golf Club (2022 – present)
- Member, Finance Committee, Rosedale Golf Club (2022 – present)
- Director, Sunnybrook Foundation, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (2014 – 2016)
- Advisor, Board of Advisors, Odette School of Business, University of Windsor (2010 – present)
- Member, Governing Council, Sunnybrook Foundation (2014 – present)
- Director, Golden Future South Africa (2010 – 2018)
- Founding Chair, Sunnybrook Next Generation, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (2012 – 2016)
- Member, President’s Capital Planning Committee, University of Windsor (2015 – 2017)
Education and Credentials
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Odette School of Business, University of Windsor (2008)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Honours, Geography, Western University (2006)
- Certified Sustainability (ESG) Practitioner (CSR-P), Chartered Management Institute