Paul Proulx, MIR, BA, CEC
Paul Proulx works with senior managers and executives to improve their leadership effectiveness. He also coaches transition clients on effective job search strategies and mentors young entrepreneurs and corporate leaders seeking to maximize their career potential.
In a three-decade career spanning diverse industries, Paul has held senior functional and operating roles in international organizations, including food manufacturing, distribution, professional services and natural resources.
For 12 years, as SVP of Corporate Services for Dundee Precious Metals, Paul worked closely with the Board of Directors on a variety of critical issues, including CEO succession, executive compensation, mergers and acquisitions, talent development and succession planning. In this role, Paul had overall accountability for human resources, legal and communications. He also led a company rebranding initiative and the development of a comprehensive social media strategy.
Earlier in his career, Paul consulted on a variety of large change projects in both the public and private spheres.
He has considerable experience working with boards in the public and private space and serving on charitable and non-profit boards in the social services and hospitality sectors. Paul was recently elected to the Board of the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association where he serves as Secretary and Chair of the HR Committee. He also teaches two online courses offered by the CPHR (Canadian Professional Human Resources) academic program covering Canadian labour relations and health and safety.
Paul has significant bilateral hearing loss.
Board Memberships and Committee Experience
- Community Representative, Clearview Township Accessibility Advisory Committee (2023 – present)
- Director, Secretary and Chair of HR Committee, Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (2021 – present)
- Director, Chair of Board Effectiveness and Nominating committees, Big Brothers Big Sisters Halton Region (2008 – 2010)
- Director, Metro Toronto Trade and Convention Centre (1998 – 2001)
Education and Credentials
- CEC, Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, Royal Rhodes University (2010)
- Executive Development Program, Western University (1996)
- Master of Industrial Relations, University of Toronto (1983)
- BA (Political Science), Western University (1981)