Peter Ferraro, BA, LLB, C.Dir.
Peter Ferraro is a senior executive and board director who offers a rounded perspective from business and legal to people, achieved during tenures as in-house counsel with major Canadian companies. He builds trusted relationships and confidence among senior management teams. Strong board experience in governance, board performance and business strategy contribute to his value as a strategic advisor. He offers visionary leadership and executive oversight expertise, with a proven ability to work effectively across all corporate business divisions and functions.
Peter is currently Senior Advisor and Chief Legal Officer for Morson International (Canada), the successor corporation to Commissioning & Technical Services North America (CTSNA). In addition to advising and counselling top executives and managers, he oversees risk management, insurance, human resources, contractual and all other legal aspects of the business. Peter is also credited with achieving synergies by implementing new combined business processes and governance. He worked with partners to build CTSNA as a start-up company in 2005, managing all aspects of the company’s formation. This included managing investors, shareholder relations, financing and all legal affairs. As well, Peter led negotiations and concluded the merger with Morson International.
In parallel, from 2005 to 2020, Peter provided legal counsel and CEO advisory services through his professional corporation. He worked in partnership with CEOs of significant Canadian companies from concept to implementation to diversify their businesses in several industries, including agri-technology, manufacturing and construction.
Peter’s background also includes executive and in-house legal counsel roles with Parmalat North America, Ault Foods and John Labatt Limited. He began his career as a lawyer at Vorvis, Duncan & Anderson.
Peter has a neuro-muscular condition affecting his legs.
Board Memberships and Committee Experience
- Director and Chair, Governance, HR and Nominating Committee, Grandbridge Energy (2022 – present)
- Director, Joint Board Committee, Energy+ / Brantford Hydro (2021 – 2022)
- Director, Energy+ (2014 – 2021)
- Chair, Guelph General Hospital (2007 – 2012)
- Director, Guelph General Hospital (2005 – 2012)
- Director, Bioenterprise Corporation (2005 – 2012)
Education and Credentials
- Chartered Director, DeGroote School of Business, The Directors College (2007)
- Professional Business Management, Rutgers University (1988)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Windsor (1974)
- Bachelor of Arts, Western University (1971)