Trish Wheaton, MA, BA
Trish Wheaton is an accomplished senior marketing executive with a proven track record of helping companies leverage their data assets and digital communications to drive profitable growth. Her broad range of marketing expertise is ideally suited to meet the demands of today’s ever-changing global business landscape. Trish’s extensive experience in senior international roles at Wunderman and Y&R Advertising, two of WPP Group’s (NYSE: WPP) largest agencies, has given her a comprehensive understanding of marketing’s crucial role in business transformation and global consumer trends. She is adept at quickly grasping key business issues, leading international teams, communicating complex commercial issues effectively and immediately delivering value.
Trish was Wunderman’s first-ever Global Chief Marketing Officer and was instrumental in driving the organization’s exponential new business growth. She has also led two of Wunderman’s largest offices, Canada and the UK, transforming both into direct, digital and data powerhouses. Additionally, she served as Global Managing Partner, New Business for Y&R Advertising.
As Founder of INSPIRE, an integrated sustainability practice at WPP’s Young & Rubicam Group, she helped companies unlock the strategic potential of their social impact efforts to attract and retain a growing demographic of socially conscious consumers.
Most recently, Trish founded LEANING OUT™, a program designed to help senior career women stand on the shoulders of their professional selves to envision and purposefully plan their next phase. She is also part of The Artemis Partnership, a global business development start-up, and serves on its Advisory Board.
Trish has served on a variety of boards in both Chair and Directorship capacities. These include: Director, University of Toronto Press; Chair, Board of Directors, Canadian Marketing Association; Chair, Governance Committee and Director at Large, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (the world’s largest breast cancer not-for-profit); and Client Advisory Director, Forrester Research (technology research firm), among others.
Trish has a profound hearing loss and has been hearing disabled for over 30 years.
Board Memberships and Committee Experience
- Director, University of Toronto Press (2022 – present)
- Director, Gustavus Adolphus College Crown Council (2014 – present)
- Chair, Governance Committee, Finance Committee Member and Director, Susan G. Komen, Breast Cancer Foundation (2016 – 2019)
- Member, Forrester Research, Forrester Board of Clients (Advisory Board to Forrester CEO) (2012-2016)
- Member, Gustavus Adolphus College National Advisory Board (2012 – 2015)
- Member, DM News Advisory Board (2012 – 2013)
- Chair, Canadian Marketing Association (2005 – 2006)
- Director, Canadian Marketing Association (2000 – 2006)
- Member, Crescent School Marketing Board (2000 – 2003)
- Member, Maclean Hunter Advisory Board (1999 – 2001)
Education and Credentials
- Master of Arts, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, Gustavus Adolphus College