Gary Robertson, CHRP, CHRL, GCB.D, FInstLM, FRSA
Gary Robertson is a human resources professional and business leader with over 30 years of international executive and C-Suite experience.
Gary served as the Global Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Development at Canadian Solar, one of the world’s largest solar manufacturers and project developers. He is currently the Principal of GWR Consulting, a strategic management consulting group, and is Executive VP of Corporate Development and HR at Ubiquity Solar, an emerging technology company creating innovative solar energy solutions.
Concurrent with executive positions at major Canadian ICI construction companies, Gary held senior posts on the boards of several industry and trade associations. He led the development and management of an Ontario-based construction group, providing services to major clients and owners, and established an occupational health solutions and disability management services business to support injured workers. He is Past President of the Council of Ontario Construction Associations.
A sought-after expert in his field, Gary continues to design and deliver profession and industry-specific solutions to clients worldwide. He is known for being both a business-driven leader and a mobilizer who inspires others to be a positive force for change.
Gary lives with a limb difference that impacts his lower right arm.
Board Memberships and Committee Experience
- Secretary, Employers Council of Ontario
- Vice-President, Mechanical Contractors Association
- Director, Hamilton Halton Construction Association
- Executive Committee Chair, Labour Relations-Ontario Construction Users Council
- Policy Advisor, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters-Employers’ Advocacy Council
- Member, WSIB, Employer Advisory Committee
- Co-Chair, Occupational Disease Committee, IHSA
- Chair, Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts Dance + Theatre (HCADT)
- Board Member, Culture for Kids in the Arts, HCA
- Corporate Liaison, Climate Music Project, San Francisco
- Board of Experts, AECO Innovation Lab
- Board Director, Bay Area Restoration Council-Hamilton
- Board Director, Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work
Education and Credentials
- Post-Graduate Diploma, Human Resources Management, Seneca College, Toronto
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP, CHRL), Human Resources Professionals Association Ontario
- Advanced Alternative Dispute Resolution, Windsor University Faculty of Law
- Certified Service Quality Leader, Achieve Group International
- Fellow, The Institute of Leadership & Management (UK)
- Fellow, Royal Society for Arts, Manufactures & Commerce (UK)
- GCB.D, Global ESG Competent Boards Director
- Council of Canadian Innovators, Innovation Governance Program – Levels 1&2