Benoît Huot, C.M., C.Q., PLY, MBA
Member of the Order of Canada and Knight of the Order of Quebec, Benoît Huot represented Canada in Para swimming at five Paralympic Games, including Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016. He won 20 Paralympic medals, 32 world championship medals, and four Commonwealth Games medals. Benoît also broke more than 60 world records in Para swimming.
Now retired from his athletic career, Benoît is Director of Operations for Groupe HELIOS, which manages, operates and maintains facilities in the water, building, recreational and industrial sectors. He is a consultant in communications, operations, marketing and fundraising for sporting organizations, and includes accessibility, diversity and inclusion among his many specialties.
Over the years, Benoît has been a spokesperson, brand/corporate ambassador, keynote speaker and emcee for numerous organizations. Since 2001, he has worked with companies including Canadian Tire, VISA, Facebook, Amazon, L’Oréal Canada, Pfizer Canada, Nestle Canada, Speedo, CIBC, RBC and Home Depot, among others.
In media and public relations, Benoît has served as an emcee for the Government of Canada, hosting events for Prime Minister Harper and Prime Minister Charest. He has worked closely with several different Members of Parliament. Benoît is also a freelance radio/TV host and sports analyst for CBC/Radio Canada.
Benoît has a club foot on his right leg.
Board Memberships and Committee Experience
- Director, MXZN Technologies (2020 – present)
- Director, La Prairie Immobilier (2019 – present)
- Director, Institut National des Sports du Quebec (2018 – present)
- Ambassador, Jumpstart Foundation (2013 – present)
- Founder, Benoît Huot Foundation (2009 – present)
- Ambassador, Right to Play (2005 – present)
- Chair, Special Olympic Quebec Games (2021 – 2022)
- Director, Paralympic Foundation of Canada (2016 – 2019)
- Board Member of Athlete Council, Swimming Canada (2014 – 2018)
- Director, Federation de Natation du Québec (2013 – 2014)
- Board Member, Development Committee, Canadian Paralympic Committee (2010 – 2014)
- Member of Athlete Council, Commonwealth Games Canada (2010 – 2014)
- Director, Quebec Swimming Federation (2013 – 2015)
Education and Credentials
- Executive MBA, Smith School of Business, Queen’s University (2020)
- Certificate, Social Impact, Queen’s University (2019)
- BA, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) (2014)
- Business Certificate, TELUQ (UQAM) (2014)