CPA, CA, MMPA, BSc
Michael Gottlieb is a senior executive with a strong record of governance, board leadership, strategic development, fundraising, financial stewardship, and corporate planning in both the public and private sector.
He is currently Chief Commercial Officer of POINT Biopharma, responsible for commercial operations, market strategy, and customer acquisition. After establishing the start-up global oncology biotech as its first employee, he grew the company to a valuation of USD$600M through seed, series A and B financing, and SPAC merger with a NASDAQ-listed issuer.
Prior to joining POINT, Michael spent seven years at Sanofi Genzyme Canada, leading commercial operations, patient infusions and support programs, market access, pricing, strategy and finance across a portfolio spanning immunology, MS, oncology and rare diseases. In his most recent role with the company, he served as the Rare Disease Franchise Head, completing a 2018 business transformation that resulted in both record revenues and patient acquisitions.
Michael has also worked in public healthcare environments supporting hospitals in procurement, systems integration, and shared services, with a focus on stakeholder accountability, value, and strategic operations.
Although he has had symptoms most of his life, Michael was not diagnosed with Facioscapulohumeral (FSH) muscular dystrophy until he was in his late 30s. Since then, he has been working to help raise awareness about the challenges faced by people with this rare genetic muscle disorder.
AND COMMITTEE EXPERIENCE
• Board Chair, Executive Board Member, Spinal Cord Injury Ontario (2005 – 2013)
• Treasurer, Executive Board Member, Parkinson Society Canada (2007 – 2013)
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
• Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (2004) (CPA, 2012)
• Master of Management & Professional Accounting (MMPA), Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto (2002)
• Bachelor of Science (BSc. Biology), University of Western Ontario (2000)