Dianne Saxe, Ph.D., LL.B.
Dianne Saxe is one of the world’s leading environmental lawyers. She has more than 40 years of experience writing, interpreting, and litigating Ontario’s energy and environmental laws. An experienced team leader, Dr. Saxe has substantial board and media experience, having served for 20+ years on public and private boards. She is a skilled communicator and expert media spokesperson, with regular appearances on climate issues on BNN Bloomberg and as host of the Green Economy Heroes podcast.
Dianne served as the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario from 2015 to 2019 following a unanimous appointment by all MPPs. In this role, she reported to the Legislature on the province’s environmental, energy and climate performance. She was also the guardian and improved effectiveness of Ontario’s Environmental Bill of Rights.
Currently, she heads SaxeFacts, an environmental law boutique that focuses on the climate crisis. She is also Deputy Leader of the Ontario Green Party and the Green Party candidate in Toronto’s University-Rosedale riding.
Dianne has arthritis, chronic pain, and fibromyalgia. She also lives with a hearing loss and relies on the use of hearing aids, and experiences visual disturbances.
AND COMMITTEE EXPERIENCE
• Board Member, Audit Committee Member, Draxis Health
• Secretary, Evergreen
• Board Chair, Windshare Renewable Energy Cooperative
• Endowment Investment Committee, Ontario Bar Association
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
• Ph.D., Osgood Hall Law School (1991)
• Ontario Bar (1976)
• LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School (1974)
• Global Competent Board Designation
• Author: Environmental Protection – Guidance & Recommendations for Boardroom Practice